Business Advisors - ASW Consulting Services
Occupation: Web strategies consultant
Company: ASW Consulting Services
Location: Chandler, AZ.
Recommended by: 1 Member(s)
Last Updated: Feb 17, 2008 8:14am
From web strategy advising and ebusiness development
to new media consulting and offsite outreach programs...
I solve problems.
Since 2004 I have been Vice President & Managing Director of a boutique digital advertising agency focusing on driving offline transactions with online advertising. Since 93% of all retail transactions take place in a physical location -- and not online -- we focus on helping large manufacturers and retailers to reach an audience in the processing of changing their media consumption habits.
Prior to that I spent 13.5 years working for a large aftermarket automotive retailer. At the end of my tenure in 2004 I was directing all ebusiness activities for the company, managing a diverse team of designers, developers and support personnel as we launched and grew a site handling many hundreds of millions of dollars in revenues each year. My job involved evaluating new opportunities, technologies and approaches in an ever-changing world.
I'm an entrepreneur as well, having founded Podiobooks.com. Podiobooks.com provides serialized audio books in podcast form. We work with many writers to help them create their own recordings and then provide the technologies necessary to get their works in front of a brand new audience. So far we've helped many authors not only launch careers, but to land some of the largest first-time author advances in the history of publishing. Yes, we're changing the playing field.
I'm quite active in the new media and social media community. I'm the co-author of Podcasting for Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies, both available from Wiley Press (writing as Evo Terra). I'm considered a leader and "on the bleeding edge" of social and new media, advising many clients and organizations on consumer trends, adoption rates and monetization strategies for emerging media.
* Implementation and evaluation of site-side analytic packages. Most familiar with Google Analytics, Webtrends Enterprise and Coremetrics
* Online advertising media planning and forecasting
* Online media vendor negotiating
* Implementation and analysis of behavioral targeting online advertising campaigns
* Third-party advertising serving and tracking tools and service providers
* Branded vs. non-branded keyword search initiatives
* The intersection of SEO (search engine optimization) and SEM (search engine marketing)
* internet yellow pages and comparison shopping acquisition, targeting and implementation
* Google AdSense optimization for site-owners
* Creating highly relevant geotargeted ad campaigns for local and regional organizations
* Building effective outreach campaigns for bloggers, podcasters and enthusiasts
* Developing strategies for companies to effectively execute campaigns in the social media space