Attorneys - Law Offices of Richard A. Crane, Ltd.
Company: Law Offices of Richard A. Crane, Ltd.
Location: Northbrook, IL.
Last Updated: Jan 1, 2009 11:18am
My extensive experience and expertise in corporate and real estate law includes representing businesses and individuals in the following types of matters:
* Prepared, reviewed and negotiated contracts for a multitude of business transactions, including agreements for the purchase and sale of many different types of businesses and assets.
* Counseled borrowers in commercial loan transactions with major lending institutions.
* Represented HA-LO Advertising Specialties, Inc., one of the largest advertising specialty companies in the world, and its principal, in a myriad of corporate matters.
* Formed, organized and advised many different types of businesses and business entities, including limited liability companies.
* Drafted buy-sell, stock purchase, employment, independent contractor, license, distributorship and sales representative agreements.
* Represented management in a multi-million dollar leveraged buy-out and related asset-based financing of a manufacturing company, then acted as counsel for the company for over 15 years until its sale.
* Co-counsel for minority owners of the Chicago Sting soccer team, then represented the Chicago Power soccer team, including the purchase and sale of the franchise.
* Resolved shareholder and partnership disputes.
* Counseled over 50 health care professionals, primarily dentists, in connection with the purchase and sale of their practices and numerous other business matters.
* Prepared Owner/Contractor and Owner/Architect agreements for the construction of commercial projects.
* Represented a franchisor with over 30 sub sandwich shop locations, and franchisees in various businesses.
Real Estate Law
* Negotiated and prepared agreements for the purchase and sale of commercial real estate in Illinois, more than 20 other states, and 2 provinces in Canada, including §1031 like-kind exchanges.
* Oversaw environmental matters relating to the purchase and sale of real estate, including obtaining and evaluating Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments, and resolving environmental issues to effect closing of transactions.
* Prepared, reviewed and negotiated retail, office, commercial and industrial lease and sublease agreements.
* Represented the developer of an office condominium project in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, including preparation of Declarations of Condominium, and appeared before the Village Board of Trustees to obtain the requisite approvals to successfully commence and complete construction in a timely manner.
* Examined and prepared mortgage, security and other loan documents in connection with the purchase and sale of industrial and commercial real estate.
* Prepared letters of intent for the purchase, sale and lease of real estate.
* Drafted option and right of first refusal agreements to purchase real estate.
Northwestern University Law School: graduated Cum Laude; member, Northwestern University Law Review; member, Order of the Coif (class rank in upper 10%).
University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois: Bachelor of Science in Finance.
Youth Sports - Coaching kids in sports is my passion. I’ve managed Little League baseball and coached youth basketball and soccer.
Cycling - I am a member of Team in Trainining, an organization that helps train individuals for endurance events to raise money for The Leukemia and Leukemia Society. This June I completed a Century (100 miles in 1 day) bike ride around Lake Tahoe. Prior to that, I biked from Minneapolis to Chicago.
Baseball - I've played baseball for the last 13 years, including in tournaments in Sarasota, Ft. Myers and Las Vegas.
Special Olympics - Helping coach Special Olympics basketball and softball teams has been a priviledge.